Studio Artisane: Woodworking Workshops
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Sandrine Moser is originally from a little town in Southern France. She opened Studio Atisane in August 2019. She also teaches French lessons to teenagers. She began building doll furniture for her daughter in 2012 and continued with bigger pieces. She realized that building is not that hard if you are confident with power tools. She went on to build all the furniture in her house, like bookshelves, tables, beds. Her idea behind this class is to empower people that they can do the job themselves. By attending this class where you can build a project surrounded by peers, you will gain the confidence you need to do more, and you will be proud to say “ I built it”. In each class will talk about:
- How to choose your wood at the store.
- Read a plan and visualize the project
- Measure and lay out project parts.
- Identify common hand tools by proper name.
- Identify and demonstrate proper usage of power tools.
- Cut out pieces
- Sand wood for preparation of finish.
- Share ideas on finishing- Finishing is done at home.
Each project has a course cost of $60, plus a materials fee due to the instructor the day of the class. Materials fees vary based on project. See each individual activity for materials fee.